When I see a martial arts techniques that talk about "Front Choke Defense" I mostly scream BULLLLSHIIITTT!!! "Step 1 - your slap the arms, Step 2 - you strike nerve center X78C3, Step 3 - your twist their nipple into compliance. In all reality - the front choke really isn't effective, unless your being pinned against all and your attacker is using the choke grab to strike you, stab you, threaten you or...
The approach to defending against a front choke when your pinned against the wall needs to be simplistic and realistic. Most of the times the attacker will be larger, most of the times they are not just going to be holding the choke - they'll be doing other attacks as well. Our reactions need to be fast, vicious and easy to remember. Just like our H2H Program: Simple, Honest and Easy to Use.
The following video shows some principles of defending yourself against the front choke, as well as a solid technique on how to escape the situation.
Front Choke Defense Against a Wall
Check it out and let me know what you think!Additional Resources:
- H2H Combat System Manual and Videos - The most complete Military Hand-to-Hand Combat Manual that gives you 95% of the necessary responses to end a street fight situation.
- Street Fighting Uncaged Manual - Learn Viscous and Brutal Illegal MMA techniques that can be used to defend yourself in a real street fight
- Certified H2H Combat instructor in the H2H System
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Kobukai Ju-Jitsu
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Competitor in Jiu-Jitsu, Grappling and MMA
- Operated Self-defense and Ju-Jitsu School in Cromwell, CT
- Brown Belt in Kobukai Ju-Jitsu
- Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- EXPERT Division Competitor in No-Gi Grappling
- Professional MMA Fighter 4-0 (all wins by submission)
|< Prev||Next >|