: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect
]: User artoffighting_ao already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/artoffighting/public_html/myads160-w.php
on line 6
: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/artoffighting/public_html/myads160-w.php
on line 7
: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/artoffighting/public_html/myads160-w.php
on line 9
: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/artoffighting/public_html/myads160-w.php
on line 11
|Want to build all over body power and strength? In this video, leading sports nutrition brand Multipower gives you a step-by-step guide on how to build power and strength by completing the perfect Barbell Clean and Push Press.
Note: To avoid injury please take care when performing these exercises. If you are still unsure as to how to perform these exercises correctly, please consult a professional trainer.
The Barbell Clean and Push Press is one of the ultimate power movements combining significant weight which you move rapidly and over a long distance -- from floor to overhead.
This exercise is actually two lifts in effect, firstly the Clean, a fast extended deadlift that recruits the big power muscles of the 'rear chain', the large glutes, hamstring and back muscles as well as shoulders. The second is the powerful push press that not only develops explosive pushing strength in the shoulders and arms but trains strength in the core and hips.
- Start by positioning the feet just wider than shoulder-width apart, so they are pointing at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock
- Reach down and take hold of the bar allowing your shins to touch the bar and take a grip so that your arms don't constrict your knees
- With this grip pull yourself down to the bar, dipping your hips and straightening the back. You should feel a stretch going into the hamstrings. Now you're set to clean the bar
- Explode upwards, initiating the pull with the legs, try to keep the torso at the same angle and the back straight. Keep pulling with the weight pressing through the heels
- As the knees straighten, push the hips through explosively contracting the glutes -- this is the second pull
- As the hips reach full extension, shrug the bar and do a calves raise ending up on your toes
- At this point the bar will be travelling up still, catch it across the shoulders by dipping into a slight squat, driving the elbows forward and under and creating a shelf for the bar with your deltoids
- At this point you're ready to push press
- Re-grip the bar, dip the hips into a small squat and drive upwards, catching the momentum of the bar to press it overhead
- Return the bar to the shoulders in a controlled fashion moving your head slightly back to get your nose and chin out of the way of the bar. Then grip and return the bar to the hips and then to the floor
For more information visit http://www.multipower.com